Eggless chocolate cake is a vegetarian version of making a cake. It is a basic chocolate sponge cake made without eggs. It is made without oven and the cooking vessel that I have used for baking this cake is a pressure cooker.
Things to be remembered well in making a cake in pressure cooker or cooking vessel:
1.If pressure cooker is used, then always use a salt or sand at the base.
2.Never use a whistle while baking the cake.
3.If salt and sand is not available then, a stand too can act as a medium between the cooker and the cake pan.
Below is the recipe on how to make eggless chocolate cake recipe without oven.
For the eggless cake batter:
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For greasing and flouring the cake pan:
- a cake pan
- some melted butter
- some maida flour
Pre heating the cooker:
- Take a pressure cooker, add some salt at the base and spread it evenly all over the base.
- Cover the cooker with a lid.
- Preheat the cooker for about 10 minutes on low flame.
Greasing the cake pan:
- Take a cake pan, grease the cake pan with some butter all over the pan at the sides and edges.
- Take some flour and spread the flour all over the pan.
- Place the greased and floured pan aside.
Making the cake batter:
- Take a bowl, add condensed milk, add oil and mix the batter well.
- Add powdered sugar, maida/all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt.
- Gradually add milk and mix the batter well without any lumps.
- Add vanilla extract and mix again.
- The batter should be of milkmaid consistency.
- Take the greased and floured cake pan.
- Pour the cake batter from the centre.
- Tap the cake pan slightly.
- Open the cooker lid.
- Place the cake pan inside the cooker.
- Cover it with the cooker lid.
- Do not put any whistle.
- Bake the cake for about 70 minutes on low flame.
- Take a tooth pick and insert into the cake.
- If the cake comes out clean, cake is done well, else bake the cake for few more minutes and do a tooth pick test.
- Switch off the flame.
- Take the cake pan out and allow it to cool down for few minutes.
- Run a knife at the sides and at the edges.
- Invert the pan, pat the pan slightly.
- Carefully lift the pan and be careful while taking the cake out.