Egg dosa is a dosa variety, which is a unique dosa variety and it is commonly found in indian street corners. It is a plain dosa variety, spread over it is egg and a mixture of chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, coriander leaves, green chillies chopped mix.
Below are the recipe details on how to make egg dosa which is a very simple dosa recipe which can be served with chutneys like coconut chutney, peanut chutney, onion tomato chutney, green chilli chutney, pudina chutney , onion chutney recipe etc…
Making of dosa batter:
- 1/2 cup urad dal
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 tsp methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp chana dal/bengal gram
- 2 tbsp cooked rice
To make egg dosa:
- dosa batter
- 2-3 eggs beaten
- 2-3 tbsp very finely chopped onions
- 2-3 tbsp very finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp green chillies very finely chopped skip if making egg dosa for kids
- 2-3 tbsp very finely chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- oil to spread over dosa
To make egg dosa batter:
- Take 1/2 cup urad dal, wash it and soak ot for 6-7 hours.
- Take 1 cup rice wash it and soak it for 6-7 hours.
- Soak methi seeds, chana dal for few hours.
- Make sure all the ingredients are soaked well for 6-7 hours.
- Take a jar, add all the soaked ingredients together, add 2 tbsp cooked rice and blend them into a fine thick smooth batter, if required one can add little water and blend well into smooth batter.
- Transfer the blended batter into a vessel, ferment it for 7 to 8 hours or ferment it over night.
Making of egg dosa:
- Take the fermented dosa batter.
- Add salt as per requirement into the batter, mix well.
- Heat the dosa tawa, wipe the tawa with an onion slice, take a ladle full of dosa batter, spread the dosa batter on the tawa in circular motion.
- Beat egg on the dosa, spread the egg mixture all over the dosa.
- Spread some chopped onions all over the dosa, spread some chopped tomatoes over the dosa, spread some coriander leaves all over the dosa.
- Add some chopped green chillies as an optional ingredient.
- Sprinkle salt all over the dosa.
- Smear oil all over the dosa corners and on the dosa.
- Cook the bottom side well and also the egg on the top too should be cooked well on medium flame to low flame.
- Once done, fold the dosa and take the dosa out of the plate.
- Serve hot with any dosa chutney.