- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla. Beat on low just until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar if desired. Yield: 20 servings.