The corona virus attacks people who have low body immunity. Health experts say that to fight this epidemic, it is very important to strengthen the body’s immunity. In such a situation, we have brought for you the benefits of Giloy’s decoction and the way to make it.
Actually, many measures have been suggested by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India to increase immunity. One of which is Giloy’s brew. Although everyone makes a decoction of Giloy in their own way, very few people know the right way to make it.
Ingredients to make Giloy decoction (Kadha)
- 5 pieces of one inch each of Giloy
- Two cups of water
- A spoonful of turmeric
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 6-7 basil leaves
- Jaggery as per taste
Easy way to make
- Put 2 cups of water in a pan on medium heat to boil.
- Now add all the other ingredients and also add Giloy.
- Then let it cook on low heat.
- When the water remains half and all the things are cooked well then turn off the gas.
- Sieve it with a cloth or sieve, pour it into a cup and drink it like tea.
Why is Giloy so special?
Giloy is used to treat many diseases in Ayurveda. It is a very cheap Ayurvedic medicine. Giloy is also known as Guduchi or Amrita. Gillog juice, and decoction is given in severe diseases like dengue, chikungunya, fever. Apart from this, Giloy also protects from many types of viral and bacterial infections in the changing season.
Drink in what quantity?
You should not drink more than a cup of Giloy’s decoction every day. Drinking more than one cup of decoction may harm you. If you are suffering from any disease, then you should drink it only after consulting a doctor.
5 benefits of drinking Giloy’s decoction?
- By drinking Giloy’s decoction daily, the body can avoid many infections and infectious elements.
- Immunity increases by drinking Giloy’s decoction. The ginger and turmeric present in it work to increase immunity.
- Giloy is also beneficial for controlling blood sugar. Diabetes patients are advised to eat Giloy in Ayurveda.
- Giloy is consumed even when platelets are low in dengue, which increases platelets significantly.
- Giloy is also very beneficial in arthritis.