To nurture a diverse, inclusive community dedicated to alleviating suffering and improving health and well-being for all through excellence in teaching and learning, discovery and scholarship, and service and leadership.
Harvard Medical School is a community dedicated to excellence and leadership in medicine through education, research and clinical care. They aspire to excellence through a commitment to our community values.
Collaboration & Service
- They work together to serve our HMS, neighboring, national and global communities.
- They acknowledge that our behavior affects the experiences of others and act in ways that are kind and respectful to all.
Diversity & Respect
- They value and respect all individuals for their unique perspectives, experiences and potential to contribute.
- They foster a culture of inclusion and engagement and communicate respectfully.
- They seek diversity and promote equity and social justice.
Integrity & Accountability
- They conduct our work honestly and ethically.
- They lead responsibly, hold ourselves accountable and empathetically share constructive feedback.
- They speak up and empower others to do the same.
- They promote an environment of learning and discovery.
- They embrace innovation and understand that creative solutions often require taking risks.
- They strive for excellence through ongoing professional and personal improvement.
Wellness & Balance
- They value the well-being of every member of the community.
- They encourage and support healthy and productive lifestyles recognizing they require the integration of work and life.
A Harvard doctor is someone for whom the pursuit of excellence—both professional and personal—is a way of life. If this describes you, we encourage you to apply to Harvard Medical School today.
Harvard Medical School is committed to the enrollment of a diverse body of talented students who reflect the diversity of the patients they will serve. The consensus is strong at HMS that the education of a physician is enhanced by the diversity of the student body.
Build your knowledge base with in-depth courses on foundational science topics important for a variety of health care programs and career paths.
Tuition starts at $800 for an individual course; a limited number of partial tuition waivers are available for HMX Fundamentals courses only.
Boost your understanding of cutting-edge topics with targeted courses in genetics, immunology, and pharmacology designed for current professionals in health care, life sciences, and related fields. Both introductory and advanced courses are available.
Advanced courses include:
- Cancer Genomics and Precision Oncology
- Novel Therapies for Chronic Inflammation, Autoimmunity, and Allergy
- Genetic Testing and Sequencing Technologies
- Drug Delivery
Tuition starts at $800 for an individual course, or $1000 for a two-course bundle.