Chicken changezi recipe is a variety chicken recipe which has some mughlai flavor in it. It is an ancient recipe originated from the era of Changez khan(Genghis khan).
This is a delicious chicken recipe and is a rich recipe made using rich ingredients. It has a gravy consistency which is suitable to have it with rotis or parathas.
Below is the recipe on how to make chicken changezi, a variety mughlai chicken recipe with step by step details and procedure too.
Onion tomato kaju paste for chicken changezi:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 onions thickly chopped
- 8-10 kaju/cashewnuts
- 8-10 almonds/badam
- 3 to matoes thickly chopped
Other ingredients to make chicken changezi:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves/loung
- 1 green cardamom/elaichi
- 1 small cinnamon stick/dalchini
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 500 gms chicken cleaned well and washed well with turmeric powder or lemon extract
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- blended onion tomato kaju paste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream/malai
- 1 tsp kasoori methi crushed
- 3-4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
To make onion tomato kaju badam paste:
- Firstly, in a pan, add oil and heat it.
- Add chopped onions, kaju, badam and saute the onions until they turn slight golden color.
- After onions are cooked well, add chopped tomatoes into it and cook until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Switch off the flame.
- Cool down the masala.
- Take a blending jar, add the masala, and blend the masala into a fine smooth paste by adding little water or milk.
- Keep the masala aside for later use.
Making of chicken changezi:
- Take a wok, add oil and heat it.
- Into it add whole garam masala such as cloves, dalchini, elaichi.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add the chicken into it and roast well until color of chicken changes.
- Add salt as per taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, mix well, cook and roast the chicken for 10 minutes until oil starts releasing.
- Add yogurt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the blended onion tomato kaju badam paste into the chicken and mix well.
- Cook this gravy for 10-15 minutes on low flame or until the masala is cooked well and starts leaving oil at the sides.
- Check if the chicken is tenderized.
- Cook for some more time until chicken gets tendered.
- Add milk into the chicken gravy, mix.
- Add malai/cream into the chicken gravy and mix well.
- Add salt as per taste if required.
- Cook the gravy for few minutes on low flame.
- Crush kasoori methi and add into the chicken curry.
- Also add some freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Cook for few minutes on low flame and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with roti, paratha or steamed rice.