Castor oil is also known as miracle oil because it has highly fortifying properties.
For centuries, it is being used in numerous treatments because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
It is extracted from the bean of a castor plant which originally come from Eastern Africa.
It is one of the most ancient oil which is famous for its powerful and amazing therapeutic properties.
It is used in many Ayurvedic medicines and can be consumed both internally or externally depending upon the type of treatment.
In Ayurveda, it is amazing to relieve Vata and Kapha disorders.
Castor oil has the following properties:
- anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties
- pungent/bitter or sweet taste
- heavy to digest
- hot in nature
Castor Oil for Tridosha:
In Ayurveda, it is amazing to relieve Vata and Kapha disorders by balancing it.
It also relieves pitta when combined and processed with herbs which have bitter and sweet taste.
Health Benefit of Castor Oil:
Castor oil posses a great number of health benefits. Some of which are listed below:
- Castor Oil improves skin and cures skin diseases.
- Castor Oil cleanses body.
- Castor Oil helps to rejuvenate skin and makes it look healthy.
- Castor Oil improves health, intelligence, memory, immunity, and digestion.
- Castor Oil relieves lower back pain.
- Castor Oil is great to treat belly bloating.
- Castor Oil is best in destroying abdominal tumors.
When can we use Castor Oil externally?
- Castor oil contains vitamin E which makes it excellent for the skin. When applied directly on the skin it moisturizes it and give the skin a subtle glow. Regular use of it makes the skin fuller and plumper.
- Another amazing external use of castor oil is for hair. When applied directly on the scalp it nourishes the scalp and boost hair growth. It fights numerous hair related issues like, itchy scalp, dandruff, dry hair, hair fall, and split ends. Besides that, it can also be used to grow brow, lashes and the hairline.
- As mentioned earlies, castor oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, because of which it is an effective remedy for Arthritis. It helps to improve blood circulation and increases body warmth. It also helps to reduce inflammations and relieves pain. It proves effective to reduce joint pain and backaches.
- In India, it is a common practice to use castor oil as Kajal over the eyes to improve vision.
- It can also be used to treat dry cracked feet. Gently massage a few drops of castor oil twice a week and get soft smoot feet.
When can we use Castor Oil internally?
- Castor oil is a powerful laxative. Therefore, can be consumed internally to relieve constipation and promote healthy digestion. You can add one or two tablespoons in ginger tea and drink it at night.
How to make Castor Oil pack?
Castor oil pack is very effective and can be used to break down cysts, fibroids, and lipomas. To make castor oil pack, use soaked flannel oil and cover it with hot water bottle. It is then placed on the affected area for about an hour. It also helps to reduce inflammation, and joint pain.
Note: FDA approves castor oil and it can be used indefinitely.